Minelab is pleased to announce the second software update to our GPZ 7000 detector. This FREE update incorporates a new Ground Smoothing function, a Semi-Auto ground balance setting and Chinese/Mongolian language options.
This function implements selectable noise filters that help deal with difficult ground, especially conductive soils. The new Ground Smoothing options provide several advantages:
- Reduces noise effects of salty soils
- Allows detecting in previously ‘off-limits’ locations
- Achieves maximum depth with both coils
- Maximises your ground coverage efficiency
“With the Locate Patch setting, it is now possible to use Normal Ground Type in very ‘hot’ laterite soil… this is exciting!”
Field Tester 1 – Kalgoorlie, WA
This update adds a Semi-Auto option to the Ground Balance Mode. Semi‑Auto gives you these great benefits:
- Additional control and flexibility for expert users
- Improved ground balance stability
- Another option to deal with tricky detecting conditions
- A specialist tool for expert prospectors
“In Semi-Auto mode the GPZ is noticeably quieter over the ground in all modes but especially in Normal Ground Type modes.”
Field Tester 3 – Clermont, QLD
For further details refer to the brochure here
You can download the software here
Read the Treasure Talk blog about Ground Smoothing here
1) Both the GPZ control box under the detector armrest AND the GPZ control pod user interface on top of the handle must be connected together and updated as a pair at the same time. Therefore, if sending your detector to a dealer or service centre, to carry out this update, do not send the control box alone.
2) This update is currently NOT COMPATIBLE with XChange 2 and therefore will make XChange 2 inoperable with the GPZ 7000 detector. A new compatible version of XChange 2 will be available within the next few months, at which time full compatibility will be restored. Any data you have stored on XChange 2 will not be lost when you carry out the GPZ update and when this new version of XChange 2 becomes available.
3) When installing this upgrade, the detector will need to have the universal settings re-selected (e.g. language, weight) and the wireless module re-connected.