Welcome to Treasure Talk, Minelab's metal detecting blog. We've handpicked the very best and most knowledgeable contributors to present regular metal detecting blogs on topics close to their heart. Plus we're asking you to join in and make it a conversation.
Our bloggers share their product knowledge, detecting experience, personal tips and tricks and anything else they want to discuss that might be of interest to the detecting community.
To contribute you will need to create a Minelab login here.
- Very low frequencies (3 kHz) will detect higher conductive targets like copper and silver to a greater depth.
- Low frequencies (6.4 kHz or 7.5 kHz) are best on most modern coinage, and large gold rings.
- Mid range frequencies (18.75 or 20 kHz) are better on smaller less conductive targets, and also can handle certain soil conditions better.
- Then very high frequencies (60 kHz) do a great job on low metal targets such as gold in quartz specimens, fine gold jewellery, and small thin coins etc.
- Three optional frequencies selectable at the flick of a switch to optimize the detector for different sized targets
- Audio boost switch to boost faint signals that may otherwise be missed
- 2 Tracking speeds (Fast/Slow) to optimize the detector for varying ground conditions
- Long life rechargeable battery supplied
- Hip-mount capability
- 3 optional accessory coils: 8” round DD for extra maneuverability, and 11” round DD for improved ground coverage & depth on larger targets, and 15” Coiltek (waterproof).
- Knobs and switches style detector so all the functions can be seen at a glance.
- 3 frequency options, selectable by changing the coil to optimize for different target sizes
- 3 Ground Balance options: Manual, Auto & Tracking – select the best option for different ground conditions
- Beach Ground Balance mode – for working the wet sand
- Ground Balance readout - so you can follow the ground readings while searching (lower numbers means higher mineralizaton)
- Lightweight, ergonomic design
- Simple LCD menu system
- Runs on just 4 x AA batteries with over 20 hours run time
- Optional Tracking Off-set for those who like to run their Ground balance slightly positive or negative
- 7 optional coils, including waterproof options, plus a range of Coiltek coils
- Excellent pin-point mode
- Full discrimination in Coin and Treasure Mode (makes a great Coin & Relic detector)
To make comments you must be logged in, please note comments will not display immediately due to moderation
In many situations you will also get a bit of extra depth in Coin mode if you select Pinpoint.